Thursday, January 29, 2009

I absolutely love being laid off. My laundry is done my kitchen is staying clean and I can sit in my sewing room for hours. I have 2 blocks left to do on my sampler wall hanging but realized on one of the blocks I have lost 3 - 3-1/2" squares. I had read a couple of weeks ago that this woman after cutting out all her pieces for a quilt she puts everything in Ziploc baggies and I thought "what a great idea". I wish I had followed her great idea. I now have to go to the store and buy and 1/8th of a yd of this missing fabric. Ughhhhhhh. I guess if that is the worse thing that happens to me today I am doing just fine.

Jess and the kids came over yesterday for dinner and to watch American Idol. Mike hates American Idol so he watched tv in our bedroom. Taylor who is 10 yrs old made a comment about the wall hanging I made hanging in my living room. I guess people are not use to seeing something like that hanging up. I looked at it more like a piece of art. They say out of the mouths of a babe, wonder if that is what adults think also. Wonder what she is going to say when I hang my sampler wall hanging in my entry way. I have a very long thin wall that is over the stairs going downstairs and thought it would look great. I guess I am going to have to be careful that I don't hang to many. I don't think i will make anymore thou because there is nothing like a quilt to cover up with.

So today I start walking the treadmill. This is something I have to do to lose weight and to improve my health. I have learned that I am not going to lose weight with diet alone. People say how they lost a ton of weight going through a stressful situation, well it that was me I would be a stick. I keep thinking with everything Raychel has gone through to be thin I should not even care, but I do. I am not comfortable being heavy and have to do something about this. I am going to have to step away from my sewing table for 30 minutes every day and just walk. Need to figure out a way to bring my sewing to the treadmill.

Till later

4 comments:

Amy said...

You can do IT.. I do some dancing in my living room. with music real LOUD.. disco stuff,ya know? the hustle,pony,mmm yeah anyways u get the idea??? I will not go sew until I dance for awhile, plus it gets ya all warm and stuff. also I have 2 10 lb. free weights, I do squats,work my arms. it helps burn calories and builds muscle.. just my little tip over in the Rockies. stay warm and can't wait to see pic of the sampler, have a great day,Amy

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

If I could sew on the eliptical, i'd get on it more! I told myself Monday I was going to get on it three times a week. It's Thursday, I haven't been on it yet! Next week.... ;)

Jean said...

I hear ya...I am trying also. Can't wait to see the little quilt. I love quilts on the walls, I have some that are hanging from shelves that are only about 12" square.

Sarah said...

Glad that you love the orange, Cathy! I think the quilt would go nice with your background here. Thanks for visiting!

You are right about the dieting PLUS working out. I'm confident that I would feel ten times better about myself if I would get up and move a little. :) Good luck!