Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Well I guess one should never wish for something they really don't want. Our receptionist at work gets laid off every year for the winter months. I am an accountant for a road construction company and in Minnesota we can't get to the roads under all that snow. So I have always been jealous of her for getting laid off and have always thought of all the sewing I would do if I didn't have to get up and go to work. Well yesterday I got laid off. I will be returning to work on April 1st. This is going to be financially difficult. Mike was laid off this winter also but has been working for his company now and then and we just report those earnings to unemployment. He was suppose to go out of town this week but he had a heart attack last Wednesday and just came home from the hospital last night. He won't be going anywhere the rest of the week. I never thought this economy would ever touch me but I guess it did. I work for a family owned business and it is a Mom (Dad just died last Feb) and 3 kids. One of the brothers and the sister are my bosses and they do not want me to go for no one knows my job. It is all about the Mom not thinking her kids have worked hard enough and she thinks by removing me they will have to work harder. The daughter offered to go on unemployment for me but the Mom said no. So much hate and greed.

I guess I will be posting a lot of finished quilts in the future.

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like your positive spin on the layoff - at least you can quilt. Heres hugs for you and hoping things get better!