Friday, December 26, 2008

I love last minute trips. Pat, my sister in law, called and asked me to pack up my machine and what ever I want to sew and drive out to her place (about 2 hours from home) and sew the next 2 days. What a way to end Christmas and of course I said "Well Yes if you have to force me". Her sister, Sharon, is going to come for the day and sew also.

A little nervous about leaving Mike and Raychel but I need a caretaker mental break. I feel bad leaving Mike because I know all he will do is sit on the couch and watch tv and that is not good for his heart to just sit around. Cardiac rehab is going to be good for him to jump start the exercising. Raychel is just not doing that well but I have been saying that for 2-1/2 years. Her two cousins from out of town are going to go over to her apartment today and just hang out all day with her. This will be so good for her.

I started making Charlee's quilt so I will be taking that project with me to work on. That one is a lot of sewing and a lot of cutting the 6-1/4" blocks down to a 5-1/2" block. I had to read the directions a few times to make sure but yes that is what I have to do. With my new rotary cutter it will go quick.

Till Later

1 comment:

Jean said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun! I am going to a couple quilt stores with a friend. She is looking for some fabrics to make the curvy quilt and I am just looking. Have a fun weekend!!!