Saturday, August 16, 2008

I have decided that I need to get a new laptop and I am hopping with this new purchase I will spend more time blogging. I want a place where I can write about my projects that I am working on and also what is going on with me and my family.

I like many, have 3 quilts right now that need to be loaded on my quilt frame and be quilted. My daughter, Raychel, has been waiting patiently for her black and white quilt that I have to finish. Of course I have started on one for my sister in law. Raychel has been very ill for 2-1/2 years and my family has been very kind to me. This particular sister in law has really been there for me. She is my little brother, John's, wife and she is a good person. I have made their three kids all quilts and I think she needs one also.

I am babysitting this weekend for 3 grand kids that I have adopted since my friends moving to Arizona and 3 grand kids needing a backup grandma. With my own kids being adults I have forgotten what it is like to have a 3 month old and 18 month old and a 10 year old. Don't get me wrong I love it. I will probably not get my own grand kids so this is just fine.

I am hoping to get home early tomorrow so I can get at least my daughters quilt loaded. I think that is the thing that holds me back the most. I bought the backing and it was the material that is 108" wide so that will hopefully make it easier to load.

No comments: