Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My sister in law, Pat, came in to town this past weekend to sew.  She had this quilt that her mom had done for one of the granddaughters and Pat wanted to quilt it for her. 

I love when she comes in and we do nothing but sew and snack all weekend.  When she comes for the weekend I feel like there is nothing more important that I should be doing than just hanging out with her. 

We sew and my husband, Mike, takes care of the meals and dishes if he's home.  How perfect is that.

Sunday being Halloween we went out to Jess's for dinner and to see the kids all dressed up.  Jess did Taylor's makeup in and put her in the red satin dress so she could be the devil.  She is getting so grown up.  And then of course Charlee had the monkey suit for the moment but that was not very girl like so they changed her costume.
Jaxson is now 3 and he LOVES Thomas and Train and he understands the whole trick or treat thing and oh yea the chocolate. 

And finally Charlee in the princess costume.  She has started sucking her thumb which is so adorable.  I know she should not be sucking her thumb but with the Rhett's syndrome I am happy that she has something to settle her self with.  The only thing she understands is "kiss" and so trying to get her to not suck her thumb would be impossible.

This quilt I am putting together is left over flannel and so I decided I needed to use it up and this is what I came up with.  The flannel was already cut up into triangles so it really was a no brainer on what to do with it.  I will give this to Taylor when I am done.

It was so funny last night I decided to start sewing the  rows and I made such a mess out of the order.  I finally had to sit back and count from the center out and of course I had 8 on one side and 7 on the other.  Had to do some ripping out and then got everything in order.  Hopefully tonight it will go smoother. 


I am determined to try and use all the fabric I have at home before buying any more fabric for a new project.  I am hoping that I can follow thru with this.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love the colors,A design wall helps eh?