Saturday, January 2, 2010

Our friends Gene and Dawn are coming up from Ft Dodge IA today to spend the weekend with us. I am so excited to see them. In the summer of 2008 they were in a really bad motorcycle accident, nothing life threatening, but a bad one. Dawn broke both wrist and is still doing physical therapy. She also is battling Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from this accident. I wanted to make her something that she could take home with her that she could wrap herself up in when things are just really tough. I had 4 different charm packs and a lot of white fabric and made this. I was surprised how quickly I was able to get this made and quilted. This morning I have to get the binding hand sewn and that will be my down fall of getting it done before they get here. I'm thinking I am going to have to come up with and excuse why I am having to work on it while they are here.

No comments: