Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I had so much fun at the quilt show. Pat lives 2 hours west of Minneapolis and it is a small town. Very much a farming community and it is so peaceful out there. I was thinking as I was walking from my motor home into her house with my pj's on that I would not be doing this at home. No one near to see me, I love it.

At the quilt show there was probably 75 quilts there and they all ranged from quilters that had little experience to the Oh My God look at this one. There was a woman there doing a Q&A on machine quilting and she was unbelievable. She does all her quilting on her Bernina without a quilt frame. She had done the most amazing work. I seem to really appreciate this work so much more than quilting done on a frame. I'm not being disrespectful to the ones that use a frame and either a long arm or a mid arm, it just amazes me when one does it this way. I had to get a frame after trying it once with my machine on my kitchen table I just could not get it. I know that it takes practice but I did not give it much of a chance. Their Guild had done a BOM and it was fun to see how everyone took those blocks and came up with their own designs. I loved them all. Not much for vendors selling and that was a little disappointing but that's ok I saved some money.

I have decided I am going to do a memory quilt and am very excited to get it going. I will post pictures as I put this thing together. This is one of the pictures of my Mom and Dad that I am going to use.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Sounds like fun. I am so excited to be going to KC soon to the MQs. I also am impressed with people doing their quilting on home machines...I was always to chicken to anything bigger than a wallhanging. lol