Thursday, May 7, 2015

wow!

Ok it's going on 3 years since I wrote anything on this blog. My life has been thru so many changes good and bad but I have always tried to learn something from my experiences whether good or bad.

For anyone that knows my daughter's story she is still holding on. Most days are not the best but boy does she take advantage of the good days. She is my hero!

We bought a small place in Apache Junction AZ two years ago and this winter I was there for 4 months and it was amazing. I have met some great friends down there and also have long time friends that live within walking distance. I taught a quilting class once a week and I realized that as much as I love teaching someone something new I was very jealous of the quilters that would come and quilt. I didn't get any sewing done.  

We are moving next month about 61 miles north of where we live now. We will be downsizing a lot but will be so worth it to live on a lake. I have no idea where I'm going to put all my fabric and notions. We will have a spare bedroom and I guess that will be my sewing room except for when we have company.

I have been teaching myself big stitch quilting and I love it. I don't think I will ever machine quilt again or at least I hope not.  I using pearl cotton and a size 5 embroidery needle. I love the way you can see the quilting. I'm not one for heavy quilting but this is just perfect. It actually makes the blocks stand out instead of hiding the block behind heavy quilting.

I used this panel to learn big stitch quilting.












No comments: