Monday, August 22, 2011

Travels

I am so excited about some up coming travels.  Back a couple of years ago Mike and I drove our friend Jean's car from Phoenix to her other home in Harrisburg PA.  Well I feel in love with the Tennessee, Virgina, West Virgina and Pennsylvania area.  I told Mike that I would love to come back to Pennsylvania one day and go exploring.  Since being out there Jean has moved to Mountain City TN and a friend and I are going out to spend a week with her in October.  The best part is we are going to driver up to Harrisburg and then onto Amish country.  Guess what we are going to go to go do for a couple of days.  Yes, we are going exploring.  All 3 of us love to quilt and Jean grew up Mennonite so she knows a lot of the hidden places in Pennsylvania.   I just can't believe that I am getting to do this and go in the fall which is my favorite time of the year.  The trees should be turning by then, I hope, and the weather should be sweat shirt weather, I hope.

I can't believe that it is almost Minnesota State fair time.  This always has meant the end of summer for me which is ok because by this time I am so in the mood for Autumn.  Perfect camping weather in our motorhome.



1 comment:

Barb H said...

Sounds like a great trip, Cathy. And it will be a beautiful time of the year to go. Will you post some pix when you return?